Friday, March 17, 2006

Free Agent

Just occurred to me that for the last two weeks I haven't been working as a temp because I didn't get the job through a temp agency. Therefore I am a free agent.

So the story goes that after nearly 7 years working for the temp agency on and off, I was hired as the receptionist for the agency! The owner of the company requested me personally for this position! I was happy that after a month or so of temp employment that I had obtained a permanent job! Everyone was warm and welcoming because they have known me for many years as a person who can go to any assignment and represent the company in a professional manner.

I learned all of the duties and procedures within the first day because it was a holiday and nobody was calling. The person training me had an abrasive personality, was loud and obnoxious. We clearly didn't like each other. 3 days of being trained by an enourmous ass later I was told that I was, "not the right fit for the organization". I was taken aside by the office manager and told that I had a bad attitude and that I was being fired for swearing at the clients. Apparently when I wasn't paying attention my mouth was doing things I was not aware of. It was my word against the loud obnoxious words of my slight superior (she had worked as receptionist for 4 months) and I was out the door, with tears barely contained in my eyes.

-----------------HAPPY ENDING------------------------

I start a new job monday as office assistant in a MRI center closer to home, for a lot more money than I would be making at the agency. Things happen for a reason and I have learned that no matter how much people like you, you still need to kiss huge amounts of ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home